Mineral Resources Practitioner Strata Control
Our client has a position available for a Mineral Resources Practitioner Strata Control in Limpopo. The ideal candidate needs to investigate fall of ground occurrences and adverse rock conditions in a safe manner and make support recommendations.
Duties (will include but not limited to):
You would also need to identify and locate geological features and make support recommendations.
To utilise his/her skills and knowledge and apply it within provided Strata Control systems, processes, policies, procedures and resources, to meet the short-term demands in a defined area, as determined by the HOD. Take cognisance of Mine Health, Safety and Environmental standards and procedures, recognising applicable legislation and best practice principles. The ultimate goal and aim is to perform the daily activities in his/her defined area, in a responsible manner, with quality and quantity of work as priority.
Assess operations and procedures carried out by production personnel underground i.e. cutting of pillars, barring and making safe, introduction of new support unit, etc.
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Comply with SHEQ requirements (SHEQ Toolbox)
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Identify geological features by means of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Locate unstable geological features
- Determine size, type and location of support
- Conduct rock related monthly risk assessments
Rock Mechanics Report:
- Issue Rock Mechanics support recommendations:
- Indicate type and standard of temporary and permanent support
- Selection of support type based on rock mass assessment in the excavations
- Conduct the Support Audit
- Identify non-conforming supports and make recommendations for corrective action
- Investigate Fall of Ground (FOG) occurrences and make recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct Rock Quality Designation (RQD) analysis of borehole cores
Point Load Test and UCS:
- Determine Point Load and calculate Uniaxial Compressive Strength (UCS)
- Conduct on the job training on geological hazards in the workplace regularly
- Relevant Geology Degree / Diploma
- Practical Strata Control Certificate (COM)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Mining
- Medical fitness as per organisational requirements
- Blasting Certificate
How to ApplyPlease forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Should you not be contacted within two weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.