|Job Posted Date||2020-06-30|
Our client, a reputable mining company is searching for an experienced and dynamic individual to fill the vacancy of a Quantity Surveyor.
Purpose of the job:
To execute the safe and cost-effective execution of product surveying work at all sites.
BALANCED SCORECARD PILLARS, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY
- Identify and assess level of issue based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.)
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the Section through effective use of the Toolbox
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status
Manage the Section:
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Manage labour stability by minimising labour turnover
- Labour complement in line with budget
- Achieve HDSA/Female targets for the Section
- Manage performance against set targets and competencies
- Ensure IDP's are linked to performance results and implemented as per plan
- Conduct career discussions and implement actions with all identified talent (quarterly)
- Ensure discipline is maintained (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
- onduct recruitment interviews
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Execute the implementation on projects utilized for the management of product quantities, for the planning, progress recording, quality assessment, accounting of works, and collecting product quantities, in compliance with project requirements and company procedures.
- Creation of quantity management reports
- Prepare comprehensive and accurate survey reports
- Prepare loss prevention reports to eliminate and reduce insured peril exposures where appropriate
- Advise sites and discuss opportunities and requirements to reduce the level of risk, or introduce the need for risk improvement programmes.
- Developing project briefs and attending project initiation meetingsAdvising on procurement policy for the project, contractors and subcontractors
- Advising on factors affecting the project and on appropriate financial design criteria
- Reviewing and evaluating design concept/value engineering
- Preparing preliminary and detailed cost estimates
- Assisting in preparation of financial viability reports/feasibility studies
- Advising on escalation formulae and their project implication
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence
- Manage the Section costs
- Degree in BSc Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- 6 years' relevant experience, preferably 2 years' managerial experience
- Pr QS registration with SACQSP
- Extensive quantity surveyor experience in a mining/smelting environment
How to ApplyPlease forward your CV to email@example.com Should you not be contacted within two weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.