|Job Posted Date||2020-07-24|
Our Client, a reputable manufacturing company is looking for a skilled Weighbridge Clerk to join their team on a 5 month contract basis.
Operate the weighbridge
WHAT SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE (Broad)
This role will work to control and coordinate waste movement on and off the branch so that all acceptable waste materials entering or leaving are recorded and accounted for, in line with licensing requirements.
The purpose of the job is to ensure that all stock entering and leaving the branch is accounted for.
Key Performance Indicators/Standards/Targets
- Direct traffic coming onto site and operate weighbridge, recording all vehicles entering/leaving the site;
- Record weights and waste type by supplier/ customer and/or vehicle, completing appropriate documentation and collect driver signatures; update Nav and Enwis system accordingly;
- Maintain the weighbridge and general area of the weighbridge including the office in a clean, tidy and hazard free condition;
- Adhere to licensing guidelines and collate monthly data by waste type and by customer as part of management information and for environmental returns;
- Assist with general administrative duties and customer service, answering the telephone and directing calls as appropriate;
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks or requests as required, in order to meet KPIs
- Information captured on Nav/ Enwis is correct
- When appropriate, undertakes other related duties assigned by the Branch Superintendent
- Conceptual Thinking - Considers how things fit together. Sees patterns or trends, makes the complex simple
- Acting Decisively - Takes action despite obstacles. Makes decisions quickly and in a crisis.
- Strategic Orientation -Understands, contributes to and aligns work/priorities to strategic business strategies.
- Focus On Improvement -Sets and works to meet stretching goals. Makes improvements to systems and own work methods
- Impact And Influence -Knows own impact and able to persuade others and build alliances.
- Customer Service Orientation -Takes personal responsibility for customer satisfaction. Addresses customer needs.
- Leadership -Promotes team effectiveness. Facilitates involvement, removes roadblocks and shares a compelling vision
- Developing And Coaching Others -Gives guidance and feedback. Creates development opportunities and helps others to grow and develop.
- Self-Management -Knows own reactions and feelings, able to respond calmly and manage stress effectively, operates with honesty and integrity.
- Teamwork and Co-operation -Co-operates and participates positively in the team. Values and encourages others input.
- Commercial Acumen -Understands key business drivers and market place. Able to anticipate trends. Seeks to broaden own knowledge.
- Flexibility- Looks for alternatives, tries new methods, learns new skills and takes on different roles.
- Matric with Mathematics (Maths Literacy not accepted)
- Relevant experience
- Knowledge of machinery and/or control systems
TECHNICAL AND SPECIALIST
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE
- Aptitude for understanding the risks and precautions associated with the equipment in their area of responsibility.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good numeracy skills essential.
- Basic computer skills required to use the computer based control system.
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Aptitude to use common language skills for reading and verbal communication.
- Eyesight: Ability to satisfy the vision requirements for a Driver's Licence.
- Hearing: Ability to hear and differentiate radio and phone communications, and alarms in a noisy environment.
- Ability to perform work in a standing position for long periods in a vibrating environment.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs regularly.
- Ability to perform work while wearing appropriate PPE (e.g. Hearing & Eye Protection & Long Clothing)
CONTACTS/ WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Liaise with contractors
- Liaise with Recycling staff
- Liaise with customers and suppliers
- Liaise with transporters - Long haul and Owner Drivers
How to ApplyPlease forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Should you not be contacted within two weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.