Asset Management and Engineering Manager
|Category||Financial & Accounting|
|Job Posted Date||2020-07-29|
Our client, an esteemed mining company is searching for an experienced Asset Management and Engineering Manager to join their team.
Purpose of the job:
To provide support and measure asset strategy implementation at the mines and smelters by drawing on the exiting expertise within the group. The objective is to manage the capital investment towards a long-term program of increasing the ROA (Return on Assets).
BALANCED SCORECARD PILLARS, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY
- Identify and assess level of issue based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.)
- Align Asset Management Strategy with SHEQ compliance.
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to analyse, identify trends, initiate, mitigate, investigate on SHEQ and that can be used as measure to improve asset availability and utilisation.
- Consider impact of operations on communities
- Develop training material in order to be used on a group level to develop people.
- Ensure customer satisfaction
Asset Management and Register
- Ensure the current asset management registers are up to date with existing structures.
- Manage the process of updating future change and new processes
- Maintenance Council to be utilized in the finalisation, development and implementation of the asset care strategies.
Procurement of Equipment:
- Ensure proper scope of work templates (Date Sheet/Specifications, procurement requirements)
- Implement standardisation.
- Ensuring that there are contracts in place with all preferred suppliers (including criteria)
- OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers)
- Reduction of single bid motivations
Rotable Equipment Repair:
- Philosophy with regards to OEM, Agents and 3rd party repairs
- Identify standards and specifications for repairs and when to discard
- Identify common spares between plants (including long lead items) in order to reduce stock holding and manage implementation.
- Managing equipment and process specifications
Application of Equipment:
- Ensure that the application of equipment is in accordance with process design parameters
- Ensure that OEM design specifications or recommendations are implemented into maintenance routines.
- Evaluate OEM equipment maintenance recommendations versus site conditions and re-design if required.
- Basic asset care techniques (maintenance techniques / shutdown and projects protocols) to be developed for a group level.
- Project / Capital frameworks
- Develop and implement procedures for the correct mixture of preventative, predictive, proactive and reactive (breakdown) with the asset management structure
- Establish and monitor process for equipment failure and breakdown analysis
- Reporting of KPIs of all plants on a group level,
- Design, evaluate and propose solutions for asset improvements
- Liaise and interface with all stakeholders on project issues
- Pilot asset projects and analyse data
- Motivate assessment improvement projects and oversee project implementation
- Implement a Group Quality Maintenance Management Information System
- Manage the project costs
- Operating computer systems
- Maintain health, safety and security within the internal environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of legislation and compliance in the Mining and Minerals Sector
- Demonstrate an understanding of mining strategies (applicable to the different depth environments)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the status of the company's resources and the value chain
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- 8 Years relevant experience, preferably 3 years managerial experience
How to ApplyPlease forward your CV to email@example.com Should you not be contacted within two weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.